InternationalIranIranInternational

Iran’s detailed plans to provide aid to Syrian earthquake victims – Mehr news agency Iran and world’s news



According to Mehr News Agency, “Nawab Nouri”, Consul General of Iran in Aleppo, Syria, discussed the latest situation in the earthquake affected areas in northern Syria in a conversation with Mehr reporter.

In response to a question about the latest situation in the earthquake areas in northern Syria, he said: Yesterday morning (Monday), a severe earthquake shook Turkey and Syria, which was also strongly felt in the city of Aleppo. Unfortunately It left numerous victims and severe damages.

He added: The aftershocks of this 7.7-magnitude earthquake continued until last night, on the other hand, we tried to use all the capabilities of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Aleppo and all facilities. Mann Let’s put it to work.

The Consul General of Iran in Aleppo emphasized: From Monday, we started the process of distributing canned food up to 3,000 meals to the homeless and earthquake-affected people, and of course we tried to distribute more food to people who lost their homes or Their houses have become unsafe, let’s concentrate.

Nawab Nouri emphasized: 15 of our engineering vehicles in Aleppo started the process of removing debris and rescuing people trapped under the rubble after the earthquake, as well as the entire medical capacity of Iran in Aleppo, which included 15 ambulances, along with nursing and medical teams. From this incident, he seriously entered the process of providing aid to the Syrian people.

He added: Engineering and relief forces under the management of Iran were placed next to the Syrian forces and tried to immediately deal with the severe consequences of this severe earthquake. Also, we tried to help them face the cold winter weather by distributing blankets and tents among the earthquake victims.

The Consul General of Iran in Aleppo added: These were the plans we implemented on the first day of the earthquake, and today, on the second day after the earthquake, we tried to distribute 15,000 hot meals to the people of Aleppo. Also, with the flight that arrived last night, we are trying to solve the problems of the people affected by the earthquake. Fix the accommodation in the tent.

He emphasized: We have prepared some fuel to be distributed among hospitals and relief forces so that they can do better in their activities in serving the earthquake victims.

In response to a question about the number of victims and damages of the earthquake in Aleppo, Nawab Nouri said: “In Aleppo, the statistics that have been published so far are not high numbers.” So far, more than 200 people have died in Aleppo province as a result of the earthquake, and relief centers report that another 100 people are trapped under the rubble, and efforts to rescue them continue. But a problem What worries everyone is the continuation of aftershocks, which has made it difficult to determine which one was the main earthquake or when it will occur.

He added: This issue becomes more worrying because there are currently more than 4,000 unsafe homes in Aleppo, which has increased the concern of the people and officials.

Nawab Nouri further said: “We are now trying to establish the possibility of direct flights between Tehran and Aleppo so that the aid can reach the earthquake victims in this region directly and as a result, the speed of aid delivery will increase.”

He added: Considering Iran’s record in providing relief to earthquake victims, it seems that if possible, a relief team consisting of experienced and live forces can be sent from Iran. finder be sent to Aleppo, so that better assistance can be provided to the people of this region. Of course, these live teams finder They should be sent to Aleppo as soon as possible because considering the passage of nearly two days since the earthquake and the cold weather, the possibility of their success decreases every moment.

Leave a Reply

Back to top button