
“Arash Mirasmaili” In an interview with IRNA on Sunday, regarding the holding of the country’s youth championships in two sections for girls and boys, he said: “Last year, we did not hold the national championships due to the coronary conditions that prevailed in the country.” Although in March of last year, competitions were held for regional judokas in the form of a regional league, we did not have a national championship.
He added: “This year, with the coordination of the Medical-Sports Federation and obtaining the necessary licenses and observing all medical instructions, which was also very difficult, we held competitions in the Takhti Sports Complex in Tehran.”
Mirasmaili said: “First, the girls judokas went on the tatami for two days in the age groups of teenagers and youth, and then the boys fought for four days. In total, about 800 judokas participated in the national championship fights.”
The President of the Judo Federation continued: Judokas from 28 provinces participated in the competitions, which we ourselves did not expect due to the high level of judo and being in the corona situation. Honestly, the judokas were highly motivated and their quality and technical level was high.
He continued: “The competition was a big prize and cash prizes were awarded to the best judokas on the podium.” In addition to the federation, the delegations also awarded prizes to the top judokas.
Mirasmaili emphasized: the coaches of the national team were monitoring the competitions and the medalists will soon be invited to the youth and youth teams’ camps. Next month, we will hold a competition called the Claimants so that those who did not go on the podium will participate and we will be able to invite judokas to the camp from these fights.
He referred to the next programs of the Judo Federation and said: “We plan to hold the national championships in both men’s and women’s divisions in December.” These battles will take place in one of the cities of Tehran, Mashhad or Yazd. Then the teams will be registered for the Super League immediately.
Mirasmaili, appreciating the presence of “Seyed Hamid Sajjadi”, the Minister of Sports and Youth, who attended the opening ceremony of the country’s youth competitions, said: “When we wanted a sports person to reach the ministry, this is the reason.” His presence in competitions and his speeches caused a wave of motivation among the judo family.
The president of the Judo Federation added: “For the first time in every four days of the youth competitions in the boys’ section, we had a live broadcast, which we are grateful to the officials of the national media.” The broadcast of the competitions gave future judokas an extra incentive.
At the end of his speech on the case of the suspension of Iranian judo, which has been re-submitted to the Supreme Court of Sports, he explained: To be in court or not. We will inform you of any decision made in court.
.