InternationalIran

New US Secretary of State’s new projections on the Vienna talks


According to Fars News Agency’s International Group, US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, whose country has been repeatedly criticized by various parties as to blame for the current situation regarding Iran’s nuclear program, tried to expose his country’s illegal behavior to Iran on Monday.

“The steps we are taking from Iran are not encouraging, and it is up to them to decide whether or not to return to the nuclear deal,” Blinken said of the compensatory measures that Iran has put on the agenda since the resolution was passed by the Board of Governors.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Board of Governors on Wednesday (July 8th) passed a resolution accusing Iran of not cooperating with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) by 30 votes to 2 (Russia and China) and 3 abstentions (India). Libya and Pakistan).

Rafael Grossi, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, said that in response to the resolution, the Islamic Republic of Iran had decided to turn off 27 IAEA cameras at its nuclear facilities.

Meanwhile, the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran announced on Wednesday, June 9, that the IAEA’s two supersonic cameras had announced that the operation of the Ghana surface flow meter and flowmeter (OLEM‌) belonging to the UN Nuclear Observatory would also be suspended.

A statement issued by the Atomic Energy Organization on Wednesday said: “The Islamic Republic of Iran has so far had extensive cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). It has not been, but in a way it has also considered it the duty of Iran. “For this reason, it was decided to cut off the operation of the OLEM‌ Ghana surface line metering camera and the agency flowmeter from today, which has been ordered by the relevant authorities.”

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said in a statement: “Of course, more than 80% of the Agency’s existing cameras are safeguards, which will continue to operate as before.”

While the current US administration had promised to “strengthen” the IAEA before the start of negotiations on the IAEA by adding non-nuclear clauses, Blinken said: “We see Iran bringing issues unrelated to the nuclear deal to the Vienna talks. »

Blinken refers to reports about Iran’s request to remove the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps from the State Department’s list of so-called “terrorist” organizations.

Negotiations to lift sanctions in Vienna have stalled for several months. Since the beginning of the talks, the US government has repeatedly tried to accuse the various parties of slowing down and obstructing the talks, instead of proposing practical initiatives to advance the talks.

Western countries, especially the United States, have in recent months, following the interruption of the Vienna talks, resorted to their usual practice of resorting to psychological and media operations to blame Iran and absolve them of responsibility. By linking the talks to the Ukraine war, they first claimed that Russia had obstructed the talks.

After Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov made it clear during the visit of Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian that the issue of Moscow’s request for cooperation with Iran after the full implementation of the UN Security Council is not an obstacle to the continuation of talks, Western countries An Iranian issue was raised, claiming that Tehran’s request to remove the IRGC from the list of so-called terrorist organizations had stalled the talks.

One of the reasons for the failure of the American parties to take the necessary steps in the Vienna talks was the opposition of the members of Congress to the Biden administration’s policies regarding the UN Security Council. One of the criticisms of this group of American lawmakers is that Borjam does not address all areas of US dispute with Iran, including regional activities and Iran’s missile program.

In April 2009, the US government listed the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps as a “foreign terrorist organization” (FTO). This was the first time the White House had listed the official armed forces of a foreign country as a “terrorist organization.” Following this decision, the Supreme National Security Council of Iran listed the US military headquarters in the region as a terrorist group.

Prior to the Trump administration, experts in the United States had warned of the consequences of the move and tried to warn the White House. The New York Times, the first media outlet to report on the US government’s intentions in March 2017, wrote that the plan was opposed by Pentagon officials and the CIA when it was presented.

At the time, the Pentagon and CIA assessed that such a move would put US troops and intelligence agents at risk of retaliation by foreign governments.

Legal experts at the time said that if the parties to the Geneva Conventions called each other armed forces a “terrorist organization” in a new innovation, and the practice became more common, members of the US armed forces could be reciprocally “terrorists” if arrested in a third country. Be considered and tried.

Independent experts say the US government’s crackdown on the IRGC is a continuation of Washington’s punitive policies against countries and groups thought to have thwarted Washington in advancing its goals in the region.

Anthony Blinken on Monday sought to hold Iran accountable for halting the talks. “If Iran wants, the nuclear talks can be concluded quickly,” he said.

Speaking after meeting with his South Korean counterpart in Washington, the US Secretary of State referred to North Korea in another part of his remarks, saying that Washington would continue to put pressure on Pyongyang until it changed course.

“Our goal is simply to create a peaceful region and a peaceful world,” he said. “Unless the Pyongyang-based regime changes its course, we will continue to put pressure on the country.”

The United States and members of the UN Security Council have imposed several rounds of sanctions on North Korea since North Korea’s first nuclear test in 2006.

Despite the sanctions, North Korea has insisted on strengthening its military capability to counter the threat of US troops in the region.

North Korea says it will not back down from its missile and nuclear program until the United States ends its hostile policy to overthrow Pyongyang.

End of message /


Leave a Reply

Back to top button