InternationalMiddle East

The Cooperation Council is considering inviting Yemeni Ansarullah for talks in Riyadh



According to IRNA on Tuesday, Reuters wrote: “Two officials of the Cooperation Council told the media that the invitation of the Yemeni parties is part of an innovative plan to support the UN-backed peace plan.”

The officials said the official invitation would be for talks in Saudi Arabia on the political, economic and military dimensions of the war between Ansar al-Islam and the Saudi coalition.

The talks are scheduled to take place from March 29 to April 7 (April 9 to 18).

Ansarullah officials have not yet confirmed whether they will travel to Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia supports Abd Rabbo Mansour Hadi, who was ousted in late 2014. Ansarullah says they are confronting a corrupt military and foreign aggression.

According to the report, Mansour Hadi, who lives in Riyadh, has agreed to the talks.

The conflict in Yemen has entered its eighth year.

Last week, the UN special envoy arrived in Yemen to prepare for talks with the Yemeni side. These negotiations are conducted in order to create a framework for comprehensive political negotiations.

Last year, UN and US efforts for a ceasefire in Yemen failed and violence escalated.

Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have called on the United States to re-assist the Yemeni war over humanitarian concerns, including more weapons.

Leave a Reply

Back to top button