US media: North Korea has not tested a new intercontinental ballistic missile

“North Korea has not told the whole truth about the recent missile test, and the intercontinental ballistic missile tested by the country in recent days,” CNN quoted a South Korean military official as saying on condition of anonymity, IRNA reported on Thursday. The past is not as advanced and scary as it has been announced.
“According to Washington and Seoul intelligence estimates, Pyongyang’s claim about launching the Hwasung-17 missile is not true, and North Korea has re-tested the same Hwasung-15 missile that it fired before in 2017.”
South Korean and Japanese officials have previously said that North Korea has tested a banned intercontinental ballistic missile. This test has been performed for the first time since 2017.
The United Nations has banned North Korea from testing ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons.
According to Japanese officials, the missile flew about 1,100 kilometers and crashed in Japanese waters after an hour of flight.
The United States and South Korea have described Pyongyang’s satellite-launched missile tests as an attempt to test intercontinental ballistic missiles.
The Hwasung-15, which was tested in 2017, has a range of 13,000 kilometers and can target anywhere in the United States.