Do you know that today you can do orthodontic treatment without wiring the teeth? Did you know that there is a type of orthodontic treatment that does not need to be permanently in your mouth?
For several years, a new orthodontic method called Invisible orthodontics Or Invisalign is used to straighten and straighten teeth without wires. Stay with us to talk more about this orthodontic method and its advantages and disadvantages.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a method for straightening teeth that does not involve wiring the teeth. In this method, which is also called transparent orthodontics, a series of thin transparent aligners (plates) are used to correct dental abnormalities.
Aligners are specially made by a 3D imaging software. According to the type and severity of the abnormality, the orthodontist gives a number of these aligners to the patient and asks him to put each of the plaques on his teeth for two weeks.
Of course, aligners are a type of removable orthodontics, which means you can remove the orthodontic device from your mouth while eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. According to orthodontists, you are only allowed to take them out of your mouth for 2-3 hours a day.
Since the The cost of orthodontics It is relatively high and is part of expensive dental services; Therefore, be careful in carrying out the care and recommendations that your doctor advises; Because failure to cooperate with the orthodontist is equal to treatment failure and wasting your time and money!
Why invisible orthodontics?
Invisible orthodontic aligners guide the tooth to its proper place with an appropriate and controlled force. Unlike invisible orthodontics Dental orthodontics In addition to controlling the amount of teeth movement, traditional and old also predicts the timing of the movement and the result of the treatment.
Therefore, at each stage, only that tooth that is considered in the orthodontic treatment plan is allowed to move. In this way, an efficient force application system is obtained that moves the teeth to the intended position.
What are the ingredients of Invisalign?
Invisible aligners are made from strong thermoplastic materials that are specifically designed for the Invisalign system. Aligners are actually custom made for each patient.
What are the advantages of invisible orthodontics?
- The most important advantage of Invisalign is that it is invisible and no one will notice your orthodontic treatment.
- Because the invisible orthodontic plates are mobile, the patient has more freedom of action when eating, brushing and flossing.
- In this method, there is no need for metal wires to straighten the teeth, and the materials used in the invisible orthodontic method do not harm the gums and teeth.
Is invisalign effective in treating misaligned teeth?
In answer to this question, we must say that yes, there is no doubt about the success of Invisalign orthodontic treatment, and we can confidently say that this treatment method has passed its test.
Of course, the effectiveness of this treatment depends on several issues, including:
- First, the orthodontist must make a correct diagnosis and choose the best treatment method to correct your dental abnormalities. For example, if your dental deformity is severe, the use of Invisalign cannot be effective at all, and it can only be treated with fixed orthodontics. In fact, invisalign is only suitable for treating mild and moderate dental abnormalities. Therefore, be careful in choosing your orthodontist.
- In the second stage, you are the one who decides whether or not orthodontic plaques are effective; That is, if you do not pay attention to care during the treatment and how to use the plaques, the treatment will definitely not be effective.
Clear orthodontic care during treatment
As we said, brushing and maintaining oral hygiene is much easier when using transparent orthodontics than fixed and metal orthodontics. How to take care of the mouth and teeth as well as Invisalign during the treatment is as follows:
- Remove Invisalign from your mouth at least twice a day after eating and brush and floss your teeth.
- Before putting Invisalign on your teeth, wash it gently with lukewarm water and a toothbrush. Note that brushing the plaques hard will result in scratches on the plaques.
- Avoid chewing gum and smoking while the aligners are in your mouth, as these activities will change the color and shape of the aligners.
- When you take the plaque out of your mouth, be sure to put it in your special box to prevent the plaques from breaking or getting lost.
When should we use invisilines?
As we said; Invisaligns must be on your teeth all day and night, and you are only allowed to take them out of your mouth when eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. If you do not use these plates regularly (22 hours a day), the probability of achieving the desired result is almost zero.
Please rate this article
[مجموع: ۰ میانگین: ۰]