This drug is a combined tablet for the treatment of high blood pressure, which is a combination of two drugs, amlodipine and valsartan. Recent research has shown that the use of combined drugs has a better effect on the treatment of high blood pressure, therefore Valzomix tablets have a wide application for the treatment and control of blood pressure. Currently, the most important use of this drug is to control high blood pressure, but due to the presence of valsartan in the composition of this product, it can also be used in the treatment of heart and kidney failure. In the rest of the article, we will review the medicinal forms, uses and precautions of Valzomix tablets.
Pharmaceutical forms of Valzomix
Chemical and herbal medicines available in pharmacies are produced based on the standards and needs of patients in different forms, such as tablets, syrups, serums, injectable solutions, ointments, etc. The use and prescription of each of these items will be different depending on the medical and physical records and the age of the patient (adults, elderly and children). Valzomix tablets are produced in the usual dosage forms of 5 mg / 160 mg, 5 mg / 320 mg, 10 mg / 160 mg, 10 mg / 320 mg. The treating doctor will prescribe different types of these medicines for you according to the type of disease.
Uses of Valzomix medicine
On the packaging of all medicinal products (both chemical and herbal), medicinal information including indications for use, precautions and side effects is stated. Valzomix tablets are used to treat and control blood pressure in patients. This pill is also useful for children and the elderly, but it must be taken with the approval and prescription of a doctor. No overall difference in the efficacy or safety of valsartan (combination of valzomix tablets) has been observed, but a greater sensitivity of some elderly people cannot be ruled out.
Dosage of Valzomix tablets
Take Valzomix tablets as prescribed by your doctor. Avoid taking more amounts or more often than prescribed by your doctor to get the most out of it. The best effectiveness of this drug is when the amount of the drug in the blood is constant, in order to maintain the constant amount of the drug in the blood, do not forget any of the appointments. The patient can take the medicine on an empty stomach, with food or water. Also, at the time of prescription, the doctor will prohibit you from a list of certain foods, including foods rich in sodium (salt) and fat. Consuming these foods can lead to stimulation of blood pressure and ineffectiveness of the medicine used.
Time to take Valzomix tablets
Many patients with high blood pressure have no symptoms of this disease. For this reason, it is essential that even if you feel better, take your medicines according to the doctor’s order and be under his control. Note that Valzomix tablets do not cure your blood pressure and only help to control it. The time of use is stated in detail along with the medicinal information of the product, however, avoid indiscriminate use and use this medicine only with the doctor’s prescription.
Patients should consult a doctor regularly while taking this medicine in order to check its effectiveness and control unwanted side effects. If there is a possibility of pregnancy in women, discuss the matter with your doctor so that he can stop taking the medicine if necessary. Do not use this product at the same time with other medicines without consulting your doctor. Because Valzomix tablets have many drug interactions and contraindications, if any of these are not followed, the patient’s health may be threatened.
- Drugs that inhibit the renin-angiotensin system can cause hyperkalemia. Periodic control of serum electrolytes is essential.
- Worsening of angina pectoris and acute MI (myocardial infarction) may occur after starting or increasing the dose of amlodipine, especially with severe obstructive CAD.
- Peripheral edema (swelling of limbs) may occur within 2-3 weeks of starting treatment (amlodipine).
- Use with caution in heart failure, severe aortic stenosis (amlodipine), liver failure, renal artery stenosis or hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Dual blockade of the angiotensin-renin system with ARBs, ACE inhibitors, or aliskiren has been reported to be associated with an increased risk of hypotension, hyperkalemia, and changes in renal function (including acute renal failure) compared with monotherapy.
- Use in the second or third trimester of pregnancy causes a decrease in fetal kidney function, increased complications and death of the fetus and newborn.
- The resulting oligohydramnios (amniotic fluid around the fetus) can be associated with fetal lung hypoplasia and skeletal changes. Possible side effects in the newborn include cranial hypoplasia, anuria, hypotension, renal failure, and death. Once pregnancy is diagnosed, discontinue treatment as soon as possible.
Precautions in renal dysfunction
- Changes in kidney function, including acute renal failure, can be caused by drugs that inhibit the renin-angiotensin system, such as diuretics. Patients whose renal function may be partially dependent on the activity of the renin-angiotensin system (eg, patients with renal artery stenosis, chronic kidney disease, severe congestive heart failure, or volume depletion) are at risk of acute renal failure with treatment. .
- Consider periodic monitoring of kidney function in these patients and discontinuation of treatment in patients who clinically have a significant decrease in kidney function.
Precautions in high blood pressure
- In patients with heart failure or recent myocardial infarction and in patients undergoing surgery or dialysis, start treatment with caution.
- Patients with heart failure or post-myocardial infarction taking valsartan usually have some reduction in blood pressure, but discontinuation of treatment due to continued symptomatic hypotension is usually not necessary when following dosing guidelines.
- Because amlodipine-induced vasodilation begins gradually, acute hypotension has rarely been reported after oral administration. However, as with other peripheral vasodilators, caution should be exercised when prescribing amlodipine to patients.
- If excessive hypotension occurs with treatment, place the patient in the supine position and, if necessary, give intravenous normal saline. Transient hypotensive response is not a contraindication to further treatment, which can usually be continued without problems after stabilization of blood pressure.
Contraindications to the use of Valzomix
- Allergy to valsartan, amlodipine or any of the components of this medicine
- Simultaneous use with aliskiren in diabetic patients
- Severe liver or biliary diseases such as biliary cirrhosis or cholestasis (stopping or inhibiting bile secretion)
- Severe kidney diseases or in dialysis patients
- Severe drop in blood pressure
- Heart failure after a heart attack
- Aortic stenosis or cardiogenic shock
Valzomix side effects
Headache, peripheral edema (swelling of organs), anxiety, increased potassium, nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, dizziness and drowsiness, abdominal pain, etc. are some of the side effects of Valzomix tablets. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist right away. Most people who use this drug do not experience serious side effects. However, if serious side effects occur, stop taking the drug and consult a doctor.
- Peripheral edema (swelling of organs)
- Increased potassium
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Dizziness and drowsiness
- Diarrhea and nausea
- stomach ache
Valzomix drug interactions
Before going to the doctor, make a list of the chemical and herbal medicines you use and show it to the doctor. Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and beta-blockers, simultaneous use of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, beta-blockers, valsartan, potassium-sparing drugs, potassium supplements or potassium-containing salt substitutes, warfarin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, especially indomethacin, anticonvulsant drugs such as carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin And primidone will cause drug interactions with Valzomix tablets. Of course, it should be said that this drug interaction occurs in some people depending on the medical records and the patient’s age.
Taking Valzomix tablets during pregnancy and breastfeeding
The combination of Valzomix medicine can cause harm to the fetus if administered to a pregnant woman. The use of drugs that affect the renin-angiotensin system in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy reduces the kidney function of the fetus and increases complications and death of the fetus and newborn. Most epidemiologic studies examining fetal malformations after first-trimester antihypertensive drug exposure have not differentiated drugs affecting the renin-angiotensin system from other antihypertensive drugs. Once pregnancy is diagnosed, discontinue treatment as soon as possible.
High blood pressure in pregnancy increases the risk of preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, preterm birth, and birth complications (eg, need for cesarean section and postpartum hemorrhage). Also, high blood pressure will increase the risk of intrauterine growth restriction and intrauterine fetal death. Pregnant women with high blood pressure should be carefully monitored and managed.
The effect of Valzomix tablets on breastfeeding
Limited information is available on the presence of the drug compound in human milk, its effects on the nursing infant, and breast milk production. Limited published studies report that amlodipine (one of the main ingredients of Valzomix tablets) is present in human milk. Due to the possibility of serious side effects in babies, breastfeeding during treatment is not recommended.
Valzomix side effects on fetus or baby
- Oligohydramnios in pregnant women who use drugs affecting the renin-angiotensin system in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy can lead to a decrease in fetal kidney function. This process causes anuria and kidney failure, fetal lung hypoplasia, skeletal changes including skull hypoplasia, blood pressure drop and death.
- It is necessary to perform serial ultrasound examinations to evaluate the intra-amniotic environment and test the fetus based on the week of pregnancy.
- Oligohydramnios may not appear until the fetus has suffered irreparable damage. If oligohydramnios is observed, consider alternative drug therapy.
- Carefully examine and observe infants with a history of intrauterine exposure to a combination of drugs for hypotension, oliguria, and hyperkalemia.
- Finally, blood exchange or dialysis may be required as a means of reversing hypotension and as a case of replacing kidney function.
Valzomix storage conditions
Valzomix should be stored at room temperature away from light and moisture. Keep all chemical and herbal medicines out of the reach of children and animals. Dispose of this product properly when it has expired or is no longer needed. Avoid pouring all kinds of medicines into the toilet well, street and sewer.
The last word about Valzomix medicine
In this article from Positive Green Online Pharmacy magazine, the important points of Valzomix tablets were discussed, so avoid taking it without a prescription and consult a doctor. Remember that the doctor has prescribed this medicine for you because the benefits of the medicine for you are more than its harm. According to reports, most people who consume this product do not have serious or dangerous side effects. However, we see confusion and sleepiness in most of the patients, and the use of this medicine is not recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers. Patients should consult their doctor regarding the risk of side effects and drug interactions of this drug so that he can change the prescription if needed.
Site source: Medscape
Frequently asked questions about Walzomix
What are the side effects of Valzomix 5/80 tablets?
Some of the most important side effects of this product are headache, peripheral edema (organ swelling), anxiety, nasopharyngitis, increased potassium, upper respiratory tract infection, dizziness, diarrhea and nausea. You may also feel sleepy and dizzy after using Valzomix tablets.
Is Valzomix tablet carcinogenic?
Blood pressure relief drugs are produced in different standards and classes by pharmacies. Based on research, there is no evidence that Valzomix tablets are carcinogenic. On the other hand, researchers found that long-term use of lisinopril is associated with an increased risk of lung cancer. Also, one of the most effective blood pressure drugs, losartan, if used for 10 years, increases the probability of getting cancer.
What is the best time to use Valzomix?
On the packaging of pharmaceutical products, pharmaceutical information regarding the amount and time of general use of Valzomix is stated. However, patients should consult a doctor to prescribe the best time of use based on your medical history and age.
What is the price of Valzomix 5/80 tablets?
Medicines available in the country’s market are produced under domestic and foreign brands. The prices of pharmaceutical products are very different based on these brands. Since foreign products are imported into the country with economic sanctions in mind, they are slightly more expensive than domestic products. The choice of taking the internal and external type of medicine should be made by your doctor.
Please rate this article
[مجموع: ۲ میانگین: ۵]